Monica explains her experience in Devon

Hello! I'm enjoying my last days in Paignton (Devon, UK). I have been here for a month and it has been a great experience in many aspects.

When I arrived, I felt scared thinking that I was going to live with another family which I didn't know at all, working in a company and meeting new people from all over the world. There were so many challenges. However, everything was much better than I expected.

The first week I felt a little bit out of place, as I have never been in England before and there were many things that work different from Spain (cars directions, currency, food...) but everyone was very kind and tried to make me feel comfortable. The family was so nice and they were always willing to help me. Besides, breakfasts and dinners with them were such a good opportunity to practice my English, as they corrected my mistakes trying to make me improve day by day.

My first day in the company was quite strange because I didn't know exactly what I was supposed to do. However, people were all very kind with me and my boss was very attentive. I am studying advertising and I told him that I would like to manage the social networks of their company, as they didn't have a marketing responsible for that. He agreed and I started to restructure their social networks and creating some new ones.

But the best of all my stay was the people who I met. There were different nationalities and it was a good opportunity to make new friends and create a nice group. We met every day after work and we made exciting plans at weekends. Besides, some of them were also Catalan people like me, so I'm glad we will be able to keep in touch when we come back home.

I'm afraid the experience is about to finish but I'm sure that I'll never forget it!

Monica

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario